Conor Davie has been appointed as Whale’s Business Development Executive with focus on the supporting the UK markets. Conor has gained excellent sales experience from his previous role at the Allegis Group as well as work placements with Whale and FARO Technologies. He also holds a degree in Business Management from the University of East Anglia. Conor has strong experience in account management through previous roles in the technology and recruitment industries.
Getting to know Conor:
1. Hometown: Bangor, County Down
2. Time with Whale: 8 months
3. What do you enjoy most about your job? The people I work with – both my Whale colleagues and our customers.
4. What are your other interests outside work? Running, travelling and languages.
5. What’s the last book you read? Moby Dick.
6. What’s your favourite movie? The Godfather.
7. If you could be any animal, what would you be? A Whale of course!
8. Who inspires you? My Dad.
9. Where’s your favourite place in the world? Dutch Bay in Trincomalee, Sri Lanka.
10. Where in the world is top of your bucket list? Astana, Kazakhstan.
11. If you could have one super power what would it be? Super speed.
12. What one thing could you not live without? Pizza.
13. Interesting fact/secret talent: I’ve always enjoyed languages and can speak German to a (fairly) good standard but also recently completed a Queens University course in Russian Language.
Whale’s Commercial Director, Rodney Saunderson comments … ‘We are excited that Conor has joined our Team at Whale. He will further strengthen our customer support team in line with our strategic drive to constantly provide leading product and excellent customer service. By working in collaboration with our marine distributor network, retail and boat building customers, Conor will support business development and continued sales growth in key territories. Conor’s appointment really enhances our ability to promote our new products and deliver great service to customers.’
See Whale’s complete range of products at www.whalepumps.com/marine/home.aspx